Scalloped Potatoes In An Iron SkilletFrom sparow64 9 years ago
- 3 tablespoons of butter or bacon fat shopping list
- 4 cups cubed raw potatoes (4 or 5 medium potatoes) shopping list
- 1 small onion chopped shopping list
- 1 cup boiling water shopping list
- 1 tall can of evaporated milk (1 2/3 cups) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- dash of black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter or fat in a large iron skillet over low heat.
- Add potatoes and onions and cook and stir until most of the fat is absorbed by the potatoes and potatoes edge begins to look transparent, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add water, then stir in condensed milk.
- Continue cooking over low heat, stirring occasionally until potatoes are tender and sauce is thickened and smooth, about 20-25 minutes.
- Stir in the salt and pepper
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating7 people
Yummy, can't got wrong with this delight. Great post. Got my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
I'm new here and already addicted to this site. I was searching for potato recipes and came across this one. It sounds really good, I'm going to give it a try.alaskachic in Juneau loved it
I'm new here and went in search of potato recipes and this one popped up. Sounds fantastic.alaskachic in Juneau loved it
Comfort Foods775 members
Southern Cooks561 members
Everyday Chefs68 members
Moms Best Recipes10 members
Anything Goes289 members
Mad About Potatoes65 members
Home Cooking58 members
Friends In The Kitchen316 members
Holy Hot Potatoes Batman60 members
Traditional Recipes30 members