Home-made Beef PepperoniFrom tippystclair 6 years ago
- 2 lbs lean ground beef shopping list
- 2 tsp liquid smoke flavoring shopping list
- 2 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp mustard seed shopping list
- 1 1/2 or 2 tsp crushed fennel seed (optional) shopping list
- 1 or 2 tsp crushed red pepper (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp paprika or cayenne shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sugar shopping list
- 2 heaping tsp Morton's Tender Quick salt shopping list
How to make it
- Mix seasonings and meat horoughly (use your hands).
- Cover with foil or clling film and refrigerate for 48-72 hours.
- Preheat oven to 200F
- Roll meat into two long logs.
- Use your broiler pan, or place a rack on a pan that can drain, on a cookie sheet and place the rolls on the rack.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 8 hours.
- Rotate logs every 2 hours.
- Sausages will be pink when finished, and should be fairly dry and firm.
- Wipe off excess grease and allow meat to cool.
- You can roll the sausages in cracked black pepper, if you like, before cooling.
- Wrap and chill.
- To serve, slice into thin pieces.
- You can refrigerate them for up to 2 weeks or freeze for longer.
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating10 people
Interesting, thanks ;)hayleesgrandma in Waldron loved it
My grandson is going to be thrilled
with this recipe when I make it for him....
He is 'crazy' for pepperoni!
Thanks....mjcmcook....mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Brilliant - I have never thought to make my own pepperoni, But now I can - thanks to you, dear Kath. You're amazing....and thank you!lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!