Curried Red Lentil SoupFrom auntybea 6 years ago
- 1 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 carrot, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 tbsp. curry powder shopping list
- 2 tsp. minced peeled fresh ginger shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup red lentils, picked over, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice shopping list
- 1 tart apple, finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick saucepan, then add the onion. Saute until translucent. Add the carrot and saute until softened. Add the garlic, curry powder, ginger and cayenne pepper saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the broth, lentils, tomatoes and apple; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the lentils are very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Serves 6.
The Cookauntybea Vernon, Canada
The Rating6 people
Sounds absolutely delicious.........And healthy to boot!! The apple is a wonderful twist!!Thanks for the great post Auntybea! I will be trying this soon! :-) :-)mkm114 in Springdale loved it
My hubby will definately love this. Thanks, great post!kimmer in Dunedin loved it
I know this must taste delicious and smell wonderful!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it