Chicken Eggplant Lasagna - no noodlesFrom misahungry 5 years ago
- 4 chicken breasts; pounded thin shopping list
- adobo seasoning OR salt, pepper, garlic powder shopping list
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach; thawed and drained shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves; chopped shopping list
- 1 onion; chopped shopping list
- 15 oz ricotta cheese (more or less) shopping list
- 1 large eggplant; peeled and sliced very thinly (breading optional) shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- butter shopping list
- tomato sauce shopping list
- shredded mozzerella cheese (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- After you've pounded out the chicken breasts, sprinkle with "adobo seasoning" or salt, pepper, garlic powder.
- Pan sear in a pan barely coated with olive oil.
- Meanwhile place sliced (and breaded) eggplant onto a baking sheet sprayed with Pam. Bake for about 15 minutes until slightly cooked.
- Once chicken is just browned on both sides, remove from the pan.
- Add a little bit of olive oil and a little bit of butter to the pan.
- Add the chopped garlic and onion and saute.
- Add the chopped, thawed, and drained spinach and cook through.
- Take off the heat and stir in the ricotta until the mixture is creamy.
- Season spinach mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour some tomato sauce in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Place some of the eggplant slices to cover the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Top the first eggplant layer with the spinach mixture and spread over.
- Place the chicken on top of the spinach mixture.
- Top the chicken again with the spinach mixture.
- Keep layering until you are out of ingredients.
- Top off with some extra tomato sauce and a little shredded mozzerella.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.
The Cookmisahungry Hightstown, NJ
The Rating2 people
I am a low carb freak, have lost 65 lbs., so I love this recipe.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
I had every intention for following your recipe w/ the exception of just using some leftover cubed smoked chicken, but I was missing some things that I was sure I had! First, no spinach, so I had a couple of packages of mixed veggies - broccoli, red ...moreturlak in Spring loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!