Chili RellenosFrom arstielady 8 years ago
How to make it
- Prick the chili at the top with a knife. Roast the chili's in your gas grill or on top of the gas stove until the outer skin is charred completely. Place in a brown paper bag as seal it by rolling the top closed. If you do not have a brown paper bag, you can use a zip lock plastic bag. Make sure it is closed tightly. This allows for the chili's to "sweat". Once this is done it is easy to peel the skin off of the chili.
- Slice a small opening in the chili so you can add a small slice of cheese without tearing the whole chili. You don't want the cheese to ooze out while its frying.
- Take each cheese stuffed chili and roll in flour and set aside.
- Now, put the egg whites in a large bowl and whip until it forms stiff peaks. Add the yokes into the whites and mix on very low just till blended in well. If you mix too fast or too much you will take the air out of the mixture and you do not want to do that.
- Dip the cheese stuffed chili's into the egg mixture until completely coated and place in medium-high temp oil in the frying pan. Allow to cook until golden brown and turn the chili until all sides are golden brown
- Serve with re-fried beans, fresh Mexican rice and pico de gallo (fresh salsa) on the chili Rellenos.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cookarstielady Bend, OR
The Rating8 people
Mmmmmm, thank you! I took the liberty to add this to a Mexican Food group! X0auntybea in Vernon loved it
This is the way I make them...soooooo good!raelene1951 in Brighton loved it
Brat! How am I going to keep my new Brad Pitt image with you postings delicious recipes like this :-) Nice job. JJthegoldminer in Sacramento loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!