Key Lime FudgeFrom sparow64 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine (1/2 stick) shopping list
- 2 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk (or Small 5 oz can) shopping list
- 10-12 oz White chips shopping list
- 6-7 oz marshmallow creme or Marshmallow Fluff (may substitute 2 cups of mini-marshmallows) shopping list
- 1/3 cup key lime juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup almonds or macadamia nuts (coarsely chopped) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp rum extract shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon extract shopping list
How to make it
- Line a 9x9" pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Place White chips, extracts, and nuts into Pyrex glass dish (or a 3-quart saucepan) and set aside.
- Set butter aside to warm.
- Heat milk at Medium setting until warm then add sugar.
- Bring to a rolling boil (Medium-High) while stirring constantly with a hand mixer (or wooden spoon).
- Add marshmallow creme and butter and mix until creamy.
- And the Key Lime juice.
- Bring back to a boil for  full minutes by the clock (start timing once the boil resumes).
- The mixture will start to turn a little brown during the boil.
- If you get brown flakes in the mixture then turn down the heat a little (e.g. down to Medium from Medium-High) and continue to stir.
- Remove from heat and pour hot mixture over chips without scraping the sides of the hot saucepan.
- Mix until chips are melted then mix in nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Cool at room temperature.
- Remove from pan, remove foil, cut into squares.
- NOTE: If recipe is doubled then use a very large saucepan since the marshmallow creme will expand when heated. Boil for  minutes (by the clock) after the boil resumes instead of the usual  minutes.
- NOTE: Key Lime juice is acidic and will cause the milk to curl. While uncosmetic, it should not effect the fudge's ability to set.
People Who Like This Dish 14
- tribeowens Nowhere, Us
- VickiesCakes Nowhere, Us
- woodstock HAWI, HI
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- wynnebaer Dunnellon, Florida
- artichokehearts Seattle, Washington
- broadzilla Saxonburg, PA
- marmielindo Inverness, FL
- parrothead87 Boone, NC
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- Plus 4 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating6 people
Oh yeah, sounds so good...:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
sounds delicious! thanks!
Magalimagali777 in Mexico loved it
oh yum i cant wait to try it sounds delishminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it