Key Lime FudgeFrom sparow64 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine (1/2 stick) shopping list
- 2 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk (or Small 5 oz can) shopping list
- 10-12 oz White chips shopping list
- 6-7 oz marshmallow creme or Marshmallow Fluff (may substitute 2 cups of mini-marshmallows) shopping list
- 1/3 cup key lime juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup almonds or macadamia nuts (coarsely chopped) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp rum extract shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon extract shopping list
How to make it
- Line a 9x9" pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Place White chips, extracts, and nuts into Pyrex glass dish (or a 3-quart saucepan) and set aside.
- Set butter aside to warm.
- Heat milk at Medium setting until warm then add sugar.
- Bring to a rolling boil (Medium-High) while stirring constantly with a hand mixer (or wooden spoon).
- Add marshmallow creme and butter and mix until creamy.
- And the Key Lime juice.
- Bring back to a boil for  full minutes by the clock (start timing once the boil resumes).
- The mixture will start to turn a little brown during the boil.
- If you get brown flakes in the mixture then turn down the heat a little (e.g. down to Medium from Medium-High) and continue to stir.
- Remove from heat and pour hot mixture over chips without scraping the sides of the hot saucepan.
- Mix until chips are melted then mix in nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Cool at room temperature.
- Remove from pan, remove foil, cut into squares.
- NOTE: If recipe is doubled then use a very large saucepan since the marshmallow creme will expand when heated. Boil for  minutes (by the clock) after the boil resumes instead of the usual  minutes.
- NOTE: Key Lime juice is acidic and will cause the milk to curl. While uncosmetic, it should not effect the fudge's ability to set.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating6 people
Oh yeah, sounds so good...:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
sounds delicious! thanks!
Magalimagali777 in Mexico loved it
oh yum i cant wait to try it sounds delishminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it