Apple And Blue Cheese SaladFrom chihuahua 7 years ago
- 2 Tbs. Sherry-wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 Tbs. fresh-squeezed lemon Jucie shopping list
- 1 Tbs. honey shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup Extra-Virgin oilive Oil shopping list
- 10 cups mixed salad greens shopping list
- 4 ounces hard blue cheese, crumbled shopping list
- 3 large Red Delicious, Gala or Cortland apples, cored and cut into 3/4-inch cubes shopping list
- 2 ribs celery, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 red onion, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- In medium-size bowl, whisk together vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper.
- Gradually drizzle in olive oil while whisking until thick and well blended.
- In large bowl, toss together the salad greens, blue cheese, apples, celery and onion until well mixed. (I also like to toss in walnut pieces.)
- Drizzle dressing over top of salad; toss to evenly coat ingredients.
- If desired sprinkle with extra cheese.
- Serve immediately.
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
The Rating4 people
This reminds me of my childhood -- we always had Red Delicious apples in the house and blue cheese often as my Dad loves it. But I love it too, especially with apples. Gets my high 5 and I'll be having it soon!
auntybea in Vernon loved it
Love it, love it, love it...the flavors are oustanding! Thanks so much....lunasea in Orlando loved it
I love salads. Blue cheese is one of my favorites. This recipe sounds so good. I wish I could have one for lunch. Big 5 girl.
Paulapaulasue1 in Litchfield Park loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!