Awesome Keilbasa Breakfast CasseroleFrom sparow64 8 years ago
- 1 pound loaf French or Italian bread -- cut 1" cubes shopping list
- 8 ounces kielbasa, cut 1" pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar, divided shopping list
- 10 eggs shopping list
- 4 cups milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 pinch ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup half and half shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer bread, kielbasa, onions, and 1 1/2 cups cheese in pan. In bowl combine eggs, milk, dry mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Mix well and pour over mixture in the pan, making sure to coat all pieces of bread.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Combine half and half with nutmeg; pour evenly over the casserole.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes, until golden and puffed.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes before serving.
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating12 people
Great post!m2googee in Tomball loved it
I love that polish keilbasa too! It's been a long time since I've had some.
Love, your polish cousin,
Jettskijett2whit in Union City loved it
yeppers i think i like itminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it