Homemade Spaghetti SauceFrom jemison 7 years ago
- 1 chopped onion shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 t olive oil shopping list
- 1 - 28 oz can ground tomatoes shopping list
- 1 - 28 oz can Italian-style whole tomato shopping list
- 1 c water shopping list
- 2 t salt shopping list
- 2 pinches of fresh basil shopping list
- 2 T white sugar (to remove the acidity) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute onion first and then add the garlic in vegetable oil with a touch of olive oil until soft and slightly browned.
- Stir in ground tomatoes, whole tomatoes, water and seasoning.
- Wait for boil and then after 20 minutes reduce heat and simmer not less than 1 hour.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookjemison Huntersville, NC
The Rating6 people
True about the longer is simmers, the better. My mom would make some great sauce. She would put her sauce in the oven and let it bake on a low temperature. Now we need some angel hair pasta and garlic bread and we'll be set!
jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
Sounds delish and very simple. Bet it would be great in the crockpot! Thanks.juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
Loved this sauce! Went great of meatballs and zucchini noodles :) Thanks! More in the IMI----------> Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
8/25/15mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!