Leahs French Fried Onion CirclesFrom divaliscious 8 years ago
- One large yellow or vidalia onion for each 2 people shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/8 cup corn starch shopping list
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 4 good shakes of red chili peppers shopping list
- 2-3 tablespoons jerk seasonings shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked tri-colored pepper shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water/milk shopping list
How to make it
- Despite the amount of spices, these are not hot, yet they have some zest.
- Slice onions 1/4 inch thick, do not make into rings, but try to keep slices ‘whole’
- Place into batter and carefully flip them over to coat.
- Place bowl with batter and onions into refrigerator until ready to fry.
- These cook up quickly, and I did them last after frying up my shrimp I had made for dinner.
- Take onion slices out of batter, let excess batter drip off, and carefully place into hot oil.
- Flip over when one side has been browned and let cook on other side.
- Let cooked onion slices drain of fresh paper towels, and sprinkle with a little kosher salt once right out of the hot oil.
- Serve as a side dish and garnish with fresh chopped parsley or chives for added color if you so wish.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating6 people
Fabulous, just like all your wonderful recipes.. Markymarky90 in Dearborn loved it
Great post and they sound delicious!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Good heavens - I am in love! Well, I'll be making these for sure. I love onion rings, so this should be super delicious. Thanks so much...lunasea in Orlando loved it