Leahs French Fried Onion CirclesFrom divaliscious 7 years ago
- One large yellow or vidalia onion for each 2 people shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/8 cup corn starch shopping list
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 4 good shakes of red chili peppers shopping list
- 2-3 tablespoons jerk seasonings shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked tri-colored pepper shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water/milk shopping list
How to make it
- Despite the amount of spices, these are not hot, yet they have some zest.
- Slice onions 1/4 inch thick, do not make into rings, but try to keep slices ‘whole’
- Place into batter and carefully flip them over to coat.
- Place bowl with batter and onions into refrigerator until ready to fry.
- These cook up quickly, and I did them last after frying up my shrimp I had made for dinner.
- Take onion slices out of batter, let excess batter drip off, and carefully place into hot oil.
- Flip over when one side has been browned and let cook on other side.
- Let cooked onion slices drain of fresh paper towels, and sprinkle with a little kosher salt once right out of the hot oil.
- Serve as a side dish and garnish with fresh chopped parsley or chives for added color if you so wish.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating6 people
Wonderful!raelene1951 in Brighton loved it
Good heavens - I am in love! Well, I'll be making these for sure. I love onion rings, so this should be super delicious. Thanks so much...lunasea in Orlando loved it
Great post and they sound delicious!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it