Chicken Sausage Sage BakeFrom sara 6 years ago
- 1 lemon, halved shopping list
- 2 small onions, peeled and quartered through the root ends shopping list
- ½ cup pure olive oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried sage shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 4-pound chicken, cut into 10 pieces shopping list
- 12 sweet Italian sausages shopping list
- 2 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Squeeze the lemon halves into a large resealable plastic bag.
- Cut each lemon half into 4 pieces and add to the bag along with the onions, olive oil, mustard, dried sage and Worcestershire sauce; season with pepper.
- Seal the bag and squish the ingredients together until well mixed.
- Add the chicken pieces to the bag and coat thoroughly.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Let the chicken stand at room temperature in the marinade for 30 minutes.
- Pour the contents of the bag into a large roasting pan. Turn the chicken pieces skin side up and season with salt. Arrange the sausages around the chicken and sprinkle all over with the fresh sage.
- Bake for 1 hour, until the chicken and the sausage are browned; turn the sausages halfway through the cooking.
- Transfer the chicken, sausages, onions and lemons to a platter, drizzle with some of the pan juices and serve.