Mexican Taco SaladFrom craftyazgirl 7 years ago
- 1 Ib. lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cumin shopping list
- 1 can (15 oz.) red kidney beans, drained shopping list
- 1 head iceburg lettuce shopping list
- 4 oz. cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 cup green onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 8-oz. bag tortilla chips, crushed shopping list
- 1 cup thousand island dressing shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. Tabasco sauce or to taste shopping list
- 1 ripe avocado, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a 9-inch skillet brown the beef, stirring to break up the lumps. Add the chili powder, oregano and cumin.
- Cook for a minute or two. Add the beans and heat thoroughly.
- Tear the lettuce into bite-sized pieces in large salad bowl. Add cheese and toss.
- Add tomatoes, onions, tortilla chips.
- Mix Thousand Island dressing and Tabasco. Combine hot meat/ bean mixture with cold salad.
- Toss with salad dressing. Garnish with slices of avocado, if desired or with tomato chunks and grated cheese. Serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 20
The Cookcraftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
The Rating8 people
OK .....what time can i come over.........hahahaha
Man this looks GOODDDDDDDD.......bets the heck out of my nachos.........Great Postgrizzlybear in loved it
Looks fabulous! I do love a good taco salad!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
YUMMY.....GREAT PICTURE....GREAT POST....LOVE MEXICAN TACO'S
HAVE A BLESSED DAY
MUMTAZmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it