Pavlova layer cakeFrom ahmed1 8 years ago
- Meringue Cake: shopping list
- 6 large (120 grams) egg whites shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (castor) sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar shopping list
- ¾ tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 20cm thin layer sponge cake shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (20 grams) granulated white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- kiwi, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, passion fruit, diced pineapple, or other fruit of your choice shopping list
- toasted almonds shopping list
- icing sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (130 degrees C) and place rack in center of oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and draw a 23 cm circle on the paper.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, with the whisk attachment, beat the egg whites on medium-high speed until they hold soft peaks. Start adding the sugar, a tablespoon at a time, and continue to beat until the meringue holds very stiff peaks. Sprinkle the vinegar and cornstarch over the top of the meringue and, with a rubber spatula, fold in.
- Gently spread the meringue inside the circle drawn on the parchment paper, smoothing the edges, making sure the edges of the meringue are slightly higher than the center.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until the outside is dry and takes on a very pale cream color. Turn the oven off, leave the door slightly ajar, and let the meringue cool completely in the oven.
- Just before serving gently place the meringue onto a serving plate. Whip the cream in your electric mixer, with the whisk attachment, until soft peaks form. Sweeten with the sugar and vanilla and then pipe about ¼ cup in the base of the meringue . Sprinkle
- With some fruits of your choice.
- Place the sponge layer over the cream , sprinkle with diced pineapples then pipe the rest of the cream over the sponge layer covering it completely. Decorate with fruits ,roasted allmonds and icing sugar.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating14 people
Breathtaking, my friend! You are such a talent with such patience. Thank you for sharing with us.lunasea in Orlando loved it
like i always say an artist my friend fantastic one again .bravo..........minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Ahmed this is so elegant, sutile and fresh, perfect for mother´s day, beautiful pictures too!
wonderful combination of textures, a 5 of course!
Magalimagali777 in Mexico loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!