Cheeseburger SoupFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1/2 pound ground beef shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped onions shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter divided shopping list
- 3 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 4 cups potatoes cubed shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups cheddar cheese cubed shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Sauté vegetables and brown beef in 1 tablespoon butter.
- Mix in basil and parsley.
- Add broth and potatoes and bring to a boil then simmer 10-12 minutes.
- Melt the remainder of butter and mix in flour.
- Mix into the milk until smooth and add slowly to the soup mixing constantly.
- Bring to a boil and turn to simmer then add cheese.
- When melted add sour cream and heat through.
- Do not boil.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating5 people
i can smell the aroma already... and im on a low carb diet.. i will just cut back on the spuds.. thanks for sharing.. carvinmomcarvinmom in f0rt benton loved it
This is a wonderful soup, rich and satisfying. Got one more bowlful left for tomorrow!sweetwords in Raleigh loved it
Needed a soup recipe for a cold rainy day and didn't want to have to go to the store so gave this a try. I can't believe the post regarding the health conscious-oy vey! I'm happy for my kids to be eating good home cooking.
I had to make a few ...moresaucylady in Canton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!