Israeli Orange ChickenFrom midgelet 6 years ago
How to make it
- Rinse and dry chicken.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Insert one clean whole orange in the chicken.
- Place in roasting pan, breast side down.
- Surround with onion slices.
- Mix juice with the ginger, and pour over the chicken.
- Roast uncovered at 350 deg F for 1/2 hour.
- Remove chicken from the oven, turn over, and smear
- with honey.
- Suround the chicken with the secon orange,
- sliced, and return to the oven.
- After five minutes, baste with wine and pan juices.
- If browning too quickly, cover with foil.
- Baste again, after 1/2 hour. continue cooking until drumsticks are removed easily, about 1 more hour.
- Remove the orange from the chicken, and slice chicken
- Garnish with herbs, etc
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating10 people
I just asked my BF whose from Israel originally - he loves this dish - and here I was thinking - oh yeah, I make this all the time, not knowing this is popular over there.... I have been making orange roasted chicken for years - quite nice - I like ...moredivaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
after chitchatting with my guy - we definitely will make this tonight - thanks for the idea! cant wait to try it with the ginger!divaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
This looks wonderful!pleclare in Framingham loved it