Cowboy Tri-TipFrom grizzlybear 6 years ago
- 1 tri-tip roast (about 1 1/2 pounds) shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- Dry Rub: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tablespoon salt-free seasoning pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon onion powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder shopping list
- BBQ Sauce: shopping list
- 1 (26-ounce) jar traditional pasta sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard shopping list
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon honey shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat.
- Rinse roast with cold water and pat completely dry with paper towels. For the dry rub, in a small bowl, combine ingredients for dry rub. Place tri-tip on plate or platter and season with kosher salt. Rub a generous amount of dry rub into both sides of meat. Let set for 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat rub 2 to 3 times until all seasoning is used.
- While meat is resting between rubs, prepare BBQ sauce. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine pasta sauce, chili powder, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and honey. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Set aside about half the sauce for serving, use half as a mop while grilling.
- Oil grill or spray with cooking spray. Grill meat about 20 minutes total for medium-rare, turning and mopping with BBQ sauce every 5 minutes. Transfer meat to a cutting board. Tent with foil; let stand 10 minutes. Cut diagonally across the grain. Serve with extra sauce.
- If cooking on a grill pan, sear meat 5 minutes on both sides then finish in a preheated 400 degree F oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating7 people
Am i invited??? lol sounds great grizz; have funminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
oh yeah, this sounds most excellent!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
This a terrific recipe....I love
the ingredients you use for the
sauce...also the 'dry' rub!!!
I can hardly wait to try it....
A BIG...."5"...mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!