Blue Cheese Pear and Pecan Salad with Warm Bacon DressingFrom ravenseyes 8 years ago
- Toast: shopping list
- 1 cup pecan halves or pieces shopping list
- Combine; Toss with pecans and Roast: shopping list
- 2 T. sugar shopping list
- 1 T. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 t. kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 t. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 t. ground ginger shopping list
- 1/4 t. dry mustard shopping list
- 1/8 t. ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 t. ground cloves shopping list
- Pinch cayenne shopping list
- For the Warm bacon Dressing— shopping list
- Saute: shopping list
- 6 slices (8 oz.) thick-sliced bacon, diced shopping list
- Add and Saute: shopping list
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced (about 3 shallots) shopping list
- Stir in: shopping list
- 1 T. honey mustard shopping list
- 1 t. ground cinnamon shopping list
- Whisk in: shopping list
- 1/2 cup apple juice concentrate shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 T. apple cider vinegar shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- For the Salad— shopping list
- Toss Together: shopping list
- 12 cups mesclun salad greens shopping list
- 1 cup fennel bulb, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 firm yet ripe bosc pear, cored and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup Maytag, Roquefort, or other good-quality blue cheese, crumbled shopping list
- Prepared pecans and dressing shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Toast pecans on a baking sheet in oven until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Combine sugar, oil, salt, and spices in a small bowl while nuts toast. Toss hot pecans with sugar mixture until well coated. Return nuts to baking sheet and roast 8–10 more minutes, or until coating is dry. Do not over bake.
- Saute bacon for the dressing in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Spoon off excess fat; leave bacon in skillet.
- Add the shallots to the skillet; saute until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the mustard and cinnamon; cook another minute.
- Whisk in the apple juice concentrate, oil, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Keep dressing warm over low heat until ready to toss the salad.
- Toss the greens, fennel, pear, blue cheese, and spiced pecans with some of the warm dressing (you may not use all the dressing). Serve salad immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
The Rating7 people
This will indeed be worth it. Sounds Terrific!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
yum! Salads are always on the menu during summer. This does sound worth it! Thanks for sharing.
jett2whit in Union City loved it
Yes indeed. Thanks Raven.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!