Those LiversFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- 1 large yellow onion, diced shopping list
- 8 oz. of sliced white mushrooms shopping list
- 6 slices of thick cut bacon, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs. Of chicken livers, soaked in milk, drained shopping list
- salt/pepper and flour shopping list
- 1/3 teaspoon of fresh grated nutmeg shopping list
- 3/4 cup of dry red wine shopping list
- 2 tbsp. Of Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 cup of chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup of half and half shopping list
- 1/4 cup of chopped parsley shopping list
- egg noodles cooked according to package directions shopping list
How to make it
- In a large deep fry pan, melt 3 tbsp. Of butter and saute the onions and the mushrooms.
- Reserve the onions and mushrooms to a bowl. Leave any drippings in the pan.
- Over medium heat, render the fat from the bacon and drain the bacon and reserve.
- Leave the drippings in the pan.
- In a paper sack, season one cup of all purpose flour generously with salt/pepper and nutmeg.
- Add the drained and trimmed chicken livers and shake to coat very well with the flour mixture.
- Add the chicken livers to the heated bacon grease/butter mixture over medium-high heat and quickly brown on each side.
- When the livers are all brown but not cooked ‘hard’ and ‘dry’, add the wine, mustard and chicken broth.
- Lower the heat and cook gently, 5 - 7 minutes.
- Add the half and half and parsley, cook three minutes more, do not boil
- Best served with buttered egg noodles or long grain rice.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating4 people
Yum, I'm a liver lover from way back, fried livers and fried okra were mainstays for me growing up in Ky. I will give these a try, sounds so good!!helewes in Newton loved it
These were really tasty..... A Winner!!!helewes in Newton loved it
I agree with what yardsailor said!mrtnzangel8 in SW loved it