Gulab JamunFrom cholena 6 years ago
- 1 C FullCream milk Powder shopping list
- 1/2 C all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 2 tbs butter shopping list
- Full Cream milk , enough to make the dough shopping list
- Sugar Syrup: shopping list
- 2 C sugar shopping list
- 1 C water shopping list
- 3 to 4 cardamom pods, slightly crushed shopping list
- A few strands of saffron or rose water shopping list
How to make it
- Make the dough by combining all the ingredients .
- Make 20 balls by gently rolling the dough between your palms into a smooth ball.
- Heat the oil on high and then lower the heat to medium.
- Fry the balls one by one.
- They will sink to the bottom of the pan , will rise to the surface once cooked .
- Ensure complete cooking from inside and even browning by moving and shaking the pan gently with the right temperature .
- Syrup :
- Boil the sugar and the water with cardamom pods, and saffron or rose water
- Sugar will dissolve in water at medium heat in 5-10 minutes .
- Do not caramelize the sugar.
- Keep it warm in a serving dish .
- Add the fried gulab jamuns directly into the warm syrup.
- Leave it overnight .
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
People Who Like This Dish 3
The Cookcholena Food World, Sin
The Rating7 people
I've got to try this, and I'll take my lactose pills in order to eat it! Thanks.deliathecrone in Johnston loved it
LOVE GULAB JAMUN.......GREAT SWEETMEAT .........:}
mumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
Sounds delicious! I have never had these so I am eagr to try.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!