Slavic Pot RoastFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 1 31/2 lb chuck roast shopping list
- 2 tbsp of oil shopping list
- 1 can of condensed tomato soup shopping list
- 1/2 can of dry red wine shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of ground allspice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of paprika shopping list
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of salt shopping list
- 1 medium onion sliced shopping list
- 1 large stalk of celery sliced shopping list
- 2 large carrots, sliced shopping list
- 2 or 3 parsnips peeled and sliced shopping list
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch mixed with 1/8 cup of redwine vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- In a dutch oven, brown meat in hot oil; drain off fat.
- Stir together soup, garlic, spices, seasonings.
- Pour over meat in slow cooker insert.
- Add onion, celery, carrot and parsnips.
- cover and cook on low for six hours.
- Remove meat and veggies to platter. Tent to keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch with red wine vinegar, stir into sauce, turn heat to high and cook for five minutes covered.
- Spoon some sauce over the meat and pass the rest.
- Good with mashed potatoes.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating4 people
Mmmmm ~ great one!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Great pot roast recipe NotYourMomma! You've sure made me hungry and I'm giving you 5 forks for the temptation!peepers in loved it
I know this is good....my Mom used to make one like it. We called the gravy "carrot gravy" because of the color.....great post!pat2me in Nashua loved it