Sponge Bob Birthday cakeFrom vivian 9 years ago
- Packet of Betty Crocker chocolate Devil food cake. (instructions on packet) shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- veg oil shopping list
- water shopping list
- For Decoration shopping list
- Ready roll icing shopping list
- Yellow colouring shopping list
- chocolate shopping list
- pack of icing writing tubes (4 colours) shopping list
- 2 chocolate covered Swiss rolls (small) shopping list
- Small amount of marzipan shopping list
How to make it
- Make up the cake mixture as directed, except for the eggs only add the yokes I separate the eggs and whisk the egg whites till stiff and put to one side.
- After mixing the mixture fold in the egg whites this makes the cake very light.
- Pour into a greased and base lined rectangle baking tin.
- cook as instructions on packet.
- When cool cut into to make a top and bottom,
- Fill with Betty Crocker chocolate filling
- Sandwich together
- Spread a small amount of the chocolate filling (or you could make a small amount of butter cream) over the cake to help the icing to stick.
- Mix a 2-3rds of the icing with yellow colouring
- Roll out the yellow icing and place on the top 2-3rd of the cake.
- Roll out the final white 3rd of the icing and place on the bottom 3rd of the cake (keep a small bit of icing for sleeves and eyes.)
- Shape marzipan into arms and legs with a shape for his shirt sleeves in white icing also his socks.
- Use a small glass to press the shape out of white icing for his eyes place them on the cake
- Melt the chocolate and brush onto the bottom half of the white icing to create his trousers.
- Cut the 2 Swiss rolls in half and use as trouser legs and shoes, brush these with the chocolate so that they are the same colour as the trousers.
- Draw on his face with the writing tubes also his shirt collar and tie and stripes on his socks.
- See photo!
The Cookvivian Stoke-on-Trent, GB
The Rating4 people
MY BROTHERS GRANDSON'S WILL BE 4 YRS IN MAY I'LL DEFINITELY BE MAKING IT THEN ,BEEN MAKING HIS B'DAY CAKE EVERY YEARmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
Awesome! I know adults who love Sponge Bob!dynie in Marietta loved it