Jamaican Jerked ChickenFrom shine 5 years ago
- 6 boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- for the marinade: shopping list
- 1-3 habanero chiles (scotch bonnet peppers), seeded and chopped – Use fewer if a more mild sause is desired –this is HOT shopping list
- 10 green onions, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 3-inch piece ginger, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup whole allspice shopping list
- 4 bay leaves, crushed shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (to taste) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon freshly-ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup white vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup lime juice. shopping list
- 1/2 cup orange juice shopping list
How to make it
- Seed and finely chop habanero peppers (wear gloves).
- Trim chicken of fat.
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, allspice, bay leaves, cinnamon, nutmeg, thyme, pepper, and salt. With a wire whisk, slowly add the olive oil, soy sauce, vinegar, orange juice, and lime juice.
- Add the Scotch Bonnet pepper, onion, green onions, and mix well.
- Add the chicken breasts, cover and marinate for at least 1 hour, longer if possible, but NOT overnight.
- Cook the breasts on the grill until thoroughly cooked. The marinade can be made into a sauce by reducing it on the stove top and adding about 2 teaspoons of cornstarch mixed in a quarter cup of water. Warning: this sauce sneaks up on you... don't eat too quickly!
- I like this served on coconut rice with black beans.
People Who Like This Dish 24
The Cookshine Rainier, WA
The Rating6 people
Wow! This sounds great.
cookinggood in Leesburg loved it
Oh yeah...this is right up my alley. Love the flavors and will have the rum drinks at hand. :) Thanks!! ~Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
Fantastic.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it