Spicy Ramp And New Potato SoupFrom jimrug1 8 years ago
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 pound fresh Ramps, cleaned and cut into 2" pieces shopping list
- salt & freshly-ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 Tbls ground dried New Mexican red chile, shopping list
- 1 Bay leaf shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons minced garlic shopping list
- 10 cups chicken or vegetable stock shopping list
- 2 1/2 pounds new potatoes, quartered shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the Butter in a 6-quart stock pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the Ramps and stir. Season with Salt, Black pepper, and ground Chile.
- Saute until the Ramps are wilted and soft, about 6 minutes. Add the Bay Leaf and Garlic, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add the Stock and Potatoes and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, until the potatoes are very soft and the mixture is thick and creamy, about 1 hour.
- Remove the soup from the heat. Discard the Bay Leaf.
- Slowly add the cream. Stir to blend. It can now be served as is, or pulsed in small batches until it is smooth and creamy.
- Garnish with Chopped Ramps, Cilantro. fresh Chiles, Cheese, or Bacon
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookjimrug1 Peoria, IL
The Rating9 people
How fun! When I lived in my native TN, I used to go to the annual Cosby Ramp festival, as it was pretty much the only time I got to try all things ramp for the year. In fact, they just had it about two weeks ago and I really miss going - so many gr...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
great recipe and luna covered resttheiris in Garden City loved it
Lawdy, it's been a long time since I have had this one, or I should say, one similar to this. Sounds so delicious!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it