STOVE TOPSKILLET TAMALE PIEFrom linebb956 7 years ago
- 1 Pound ground beef shopping list
- 1 Package McCormick taco seasoning shopping list
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 can (14 ounces) kidney beans, undrained shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 package (8 ounces) corn muffin mix shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions shopping list
- 1/4 cup minced green pepper (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Brown meat in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat.
- 2. Stir in Seasoning Mix, tomato sauce, beans and water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile prepare corn muffin mix as directed on package. Drop small spoonfuls of batter over meat. Cover. Cook on low heat 15 minutes or until corn bread is cooked through.
- 4. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Cover. Cook on low heat until cheese is melted.
- I cut back on the taco seasoning and add Cumin to get the taste without the heat. I also add sliced black olives to the sauce. Extra cheese is always nice!
People Who Like This Dish 32
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
The Rating7 people
This sounds really good..zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Gonna try this when I am in a big hurry. I am a lover of tamales and tamale pie. This recipe is quick and to the point! :) Also, like you, I would add the cumin. The one I make takes longer.rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
I was in a big hurry tonight, and I made this. Not only was it delicious, but it was quick, easy, a no-brainer!! I, of course, added the ground cumin! Yum. Thanks so much for sharing.rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it