Sweet Hot PicklesFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 1 large jar of whole dill pickles shopping list
- sugar shopping list
- 1 small jar of hot jalapeno slices shopping list
- 1 tbsp. of red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 head of garlic, yes, the whole head peeled and thinly sliced. shopping list
- 1 fresh habenero pepper, poked full of holes with a toothpick shopping list
How to make it
- Drain all the juice off the whole dill pickles.
- Slice pickles into very thin slices.
- Pack the sliced pickles back into the original jar in layers as follows:
- Layer of pickles
- about 1/4 cup of sugar
- a few jalapeno slices
- a sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- a few pieces of slivered garlic
- Continue until the jar is completely packed.
- Bury the fresh habenero deep in the middle of the jar.
- Cover with a piece of wax paper.
- Screw the top back on tightly.
- Invert the jar and store in the refrigertor for at least one day if you can stand it.
- Best if allowed to mellow for 3 days inverting every 12 hours.
- They get hotter as time goes by. But, boy oh boy are they good.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating9 people
These are good.... I make these all the time...my mother taught me how to do these years ago...zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Ok...I'm gonna try my hand at pickles! Wish me luck!! :)realtor911 in Cleveland Area loved it
OH MY GOD!!! I only have one word to say, WOW. I cannot wait to make these. Trust me, I will be making them this next weekend. Thanks for sending me this recipe.tinkishere in Olympia loved it