French Fried Green Beans ala Don CeSarFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 1/2 Cup of beer (Use your favorite. You get to drink the leftover.) shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 Cup of All-Purpose flour shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon Melted butter shopping list
- Dash of salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 Pounds fresh green beans (leave whole, wash and remove tips) shopping list
- vegetable oil (or shortening) for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Into your blender container, add beer, egg, flour, butter, and salt. (You can also use a food processor or hand mixer and a bowl, if you prefer).
- Blend until smooth.
- Leave the beer batter set, covered for a few hours before using.
- Dip your prepared green beans into the beer batter to coat them evenly on all sides. Make sure they are completely dried after washing or the batter will slide off.
- Fry coated green beans in about 1 inch of oil, or shortening, until golden brown.
- You’ll need to watch them closely. It should take about 5 to 7 minutes. If you are using an electric skillet, the temperature should be set at 365 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully remove your fried green beans from the hot oil and drain them on a paper towel lined serving dish.
- Serve while still warm.
- **Please note we made this recipe outdoors with our propane turkey fryer (shallow 5 quart pan *the fish fryer), not the big turkey pot and learned a very important lesson, don't let your husband grab the PLASTIC slotted spoon to fish out the green beans. ONLY USE METAL UTENSIL***
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating6 people
I love these things, they are so good and so addicting. Thank you so much for the recipe, you have my 5. Have a great weekendhenrie in Savannah loved it
Yeah baby.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Finally made it to this recipe...sounds like a plan to me!!!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it