Jewish Cabbage RollsFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 12 large cabbage leaves shopping list
- 1 pound ground sirloin shopping list
- 1 cup cooked rice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon parsley finely chopped shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fat shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 1 can condensed tomato soup shopping list
- 1/2 soup can water shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 4 cloves shopping list
How to make it
- Remove outer leaves of a large head of cabbage then drop into boiling salted water.
- Parboil 5 minutes then drain well and trim out thick center vein.
- Combine meat, rice, parsley, egg, milk, 1/2 onion, salt, basil, thyme, oregano and pepper.
- Place large spoonful on each cabbage leaf and roll up and fasten with toothpicks.
- Melt fat in heavy iron skillet then brown cabbage rolls turning to brown evenly.
- Sprinkle with sugar then cover with soup and water.
- Add remaining onion, bay leaf and cloves.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 1-1/2 hours.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating7 people
Ooooh...yuuuum! "5"! You have another hit! Thank you.gadandi in Craig loved it
love that cabbage thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Love cabbage rolls, they are sooooooooo yummie, great post, you got my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!