Garlicky Risotto with Wild Mushrooms and SageFrom trigger 6 years ago
- About 3 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth shopping list
- 2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup diced onions shopping list
- 1 cup sliced wild mushrooms, such as shiitake, cremini or oyster mushrooms shopping list
- 3 cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage or 1/4 teaspoon dried sage shopping list
- 1 cup arborio rice shopping list
- 1/3 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat the stock in a saucepan and keep hot over low heat.
- 2. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a separate, medium-sized pot. Add the onion and cook until it turns translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until they begin to brown around the edges, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and sage and cook 2 minutes more.
- 3. Add the rice to the onion mixture, stir and turn the heat to low. Add the white wine and cook until the wine has reduced by half.
- 4. Add about 1 cup of the hot stock to the rice mixture, and stir slowly until the stock is absorbed. Continue to add the stock 1 cup at a time, stirring slowly, letting the rice absorb the stock before adding more.
- 5. The risotto is cooked when it is creamy on the outside and slightly firm (al dente) in the center, about 20 to 25 minutes in all. Stir in half of the Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If the risotto is too thick, add a little more stock until it becomes creamy.
- 6. Divide the risotto into serving dishes and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Nutrition Facts
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories 437
- Protein 19 g
- Total Carbohydrate 71 g
- Dietary Fiber 6 g
- Sodium 305 mg
- Total Fat 6 g
- Saturated Fat 2 g
- Percent Calories from Fat 12%
- Percent Calories from Protein 18%
- Percent Calories from Carbohydrate 66%
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating11 people
I know that I am going to like this dish thanks for a great post got my 5.
Have a great day!!!
Queensilverqueen in Albany loved it
Yummers! Love it!auntybea in Vernon loved it
mushrooms and sage!! Wonderful way to give a nice earthiness to the the risotto! Thanks for the nutritional info as well.
Helenegreekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it