Cucumber Sour Cream SaladFrom lor 7 years ago
- 1 large english cucumber (no seeds), washed, fork run the length of the cucumber all around, then thinly sliced shopping list
- Note: Both my Mother and Mother-in-law took a fork and ran it lengthwise along the outside of the entire cucumber. My Mother said it helped to prevent indigestion and she liked how it looked. shopping list
- 1 medium Spanish or vidalia onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 tub sour cream, never used light sour cream shopping list
- a splash of either lemon juice or vinegar shopping list
- spring onion or fresh chives and always fresh dill from the garden to sprinkle over top shopping list
How to make it
- Thinly slice the cucumber and onion.
- Blend together the sour cream and either a splash of lemon juice or vinegar.
- Pour the sour cream over cucumber and onion.
- Gently fold mixture and allow to sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Garnish with fresh spring onion / chives and always fresh dill.
- Serves 4 - 6
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating8 people
great recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Sounds great! Thanks for sharing.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Classic! Love this salad, never added the lemon or beets before. I will now. Thanks for tip! Maretheiris in Garden City loved it