Layered Macaroni CasseroleFrom myszreesey 5 years ago
- 1 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni shopping list
- 2 cups fat-free cottage cheese shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese shopping list
- TOPPING: shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine, melted shopping list
How to make it
- In a nonstick skillet, cook ground beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste and seasonings. bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Meanwhile, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Add cottage cheese.
- In a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray, layer 1 cup meat sauce, a third of the macaroni mixture and a third of the cheddar cheese. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining meat sauce. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F for 40-45 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
The Cookmyszreesey Auburn, NY
The Rating11 people
Love these types of pasta/ground beef recipes! Everyone has their favourite and the kids always love them!auntybea in Vernon loved it
Oh I love recipes like this this sure to be a winner at my potluck dinners and for us to got my 5 forks. thank you for a great post!!!!!
Have a great day!!!
Silversilverqueen in Albany loved it
great macaroni dish souns delicous thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it