Fluffy Biscuits Like KFCsFrom lunchboxer 8 years ago
- 1/3 cup Crisco shortening shopping list
- 1- 3/4 cups flour (not self-rising flour) shopping list
- 2- 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- VARIATION: shopping list
- For strawberry shortcake, add 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 3/4 cup sugar, then follow the rest of the directions to bake. Sure beats those spongey nothings you find in the produce department! shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- In mixing bowl, cut in shortening, flour, salt, baking powder with pastry blender or electric mixer till it resembles fine crumbs.
- Pour milk into the mix, stirring gently with a spoon till the dough is gooey.
- With a soft rubber spatula, gently scrape the sides of the bowl, dipping the spatula into flour to keep it from sticking.
- When you have the sides cleaned of dough, pat flour on the top of the dough ball. (This is a gooey dough, which is why they're so soft and moist!)
- Turn the dough ball out on a floured surface so it doesn't stick easily.
- Gently press the dough to about a 2" thickness with your floured hands.
- Cut into squares or use a round biscuit cutter, dipping the cutter each time into flour.
- Place pieces about 1" apart onto a lightly greased baking sheet (the Air Bake pans keep them from burning on the bottom).
- Bake about 30 minutes, till they are lightly browned on top. They will be very moist on the inside, and very thick.
- Serve with butter and jam and honey and a big glass of ice cold milk. Oh my, these are soooooo goooooood!!
The Cooklunchboxer Columbia, MO
The Rating9 people
I love KFC's biscuits. I'm saving this to try. Thank you for posting this.frankieanne in Somewhere loved it
Yes! can smell them now...love 'em!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
This is wonderful and thanks so much for sharing your experiment! You deserve a 5 for sure.chacha in New York loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!