Slow Cooker Venison StroganoffFrom mrjwjohnson 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds venison roast or steak, cut in 1/2-inch cubes shopping list
- 3 tbsp. flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp. bacon fat, butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 cup beef broth shopping list
- 2 tbsp. can tomato paste shopping list
- 1 sm. garlic clove, crushed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2 med. onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 c. sour cream, blended with 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 4 cups hot cooked noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Dredge Venison in flour and salt, I like to coat the Venison by shaking in a clean plastic bag with the flour and salt.
- Heat Bacon fat, butter or margarine in large skillet and add Venison and onion. Cook over medium heat until browned.
- Combine beef broth, tomato paste, garlic and mushrooms in crock-pot.
- Stir in the Venison and onions.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Add sour cream, cover and cook on HIGH for 20 minutes, or until heated through.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions, drain and serve the stroganoff over the hot cooked noodles.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookmrjwjohnson Delmar, MD
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!