ITALIAN CHEESE STUFFED MEATLOAFFrom lincolntoot 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs. of lean ground beef shopping list
- 2 cups soft French bread torn into pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 8 oz. can pizza sauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups shredded medium sharp provolone cheese shopping list
- 1 7.25 oz jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375 F. Line 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan with foil;
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, bread, parmesan cheese, basil, eggs, garlic, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup of the pizza sauce.
- On large piece of foil, shape ground beef mixture into 12 x 10- inch rectangle. Top with provolone cheese, roasted peppers and olives, distributing evenly up to 1/2 inch of edges. Starting from 10 inch side, using the foil to roll up jelly-roll style. Seal edges of loaf well. Transfer the foil with the meatloaf onto the foil lined pan making sure seam side is down.
- Bake at 375 F for 40 minutes. Remove meatloaf from oven; spoon remaining pizza sauce over loaf. Bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until loaf temperature reaches !60 F. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.