California State Fair TacosFrom thegoldminer 5 years ago
- 2 LBS. hamburger shopping list
- 1 HEAD iceberg lettuce shopping list
- 1 yellow onion shopping list
- 2 REGULAR potatoes shopping list
- 2 TEASPOONS granulated garlic. shopping list
- 2 SMALL CANS diced green chilies shopping list
- 1 bell pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 TEASPOON salt shopping list
- 1t ground black pepper shopping list
- corn tortillas shopping list
- VICTORIAS taco sauce shopping list
- This makes a lot. The recipe is easy to cut in half. shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Peel, cut potatoes and boil. Once cooked, chop into small pieces about 3/8 inch. Set aside.
- 2. Cut head lettuce in half. Using sharp knife shave lettuce as thin as possible. Once cut into strips, cut into 1 inch long pieces. Set aside.
- 3. In a deep pot add 1 cup water then add hamburger breaking it up as added. As hamburger cooks use a wisk to stir breaking up hamburger into BB size pieces. Let hamburger cook. Once cooked, drain.
- 4. Once drained place in a large fry pan. Add 1 1/2 cups water. Add salt, pepper, granulated garlic and mix well. Add chopped onions, chilies, green pepper, stir and mix well. Allow to cook 10 minutes on medium high.
- 5. Add potato, stirring and mixing well.
- 6. Add lettuce, stirring and mixing well. Add another cup of water, mixing well and allow to cook 10 minutes. .
- 7. To cook tortillas barely rinse one side under water. Place on a Styrofoam plate and microwave 12 seconds (1300 watts).
- 8. Add meat and sauce and roll up. You have to hold one end pinched closed so it doesn’t fall out.
- 9. For a variation add shaved lettuce on meat and sauce.
- 10. The taco best suits thin sauce. I pour out half of the sauce and then add water and shake.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookthegoldminer Sacramento, CA
The Rating13 people
and im about to find out how they taste when i go to that fair in sacramento in august ha ha ha ha ha they sound great.thanksminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Another "gold" recipes from the Goldminer!
Awesome!bvannetter1955 in PALM DESERT loved it
Awsome just awsome I love these step by step recipes got my 5 on this it sounds so yummmmy. Grest post.
Silversilverqueen in Albany loved it