PECAN CRUSTED CHICKENFrom tnjazmyn 5 years ago
- 1 cup buttermilk (okay, I use whole buttermilk) shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup flour (may substitute Bisquick) shopping list
- 1 cup ground pecans shopping list
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds shopping list
- 1 Tbsp paprika shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pepper shopping list
- pinch cayenne (optional) shopping list
- 8 chicken breast halves, 6 oz. each shopping list
- 1/2 cup melted butter (do not substitute, and yeah, I use just a little more) shopping list
- Handful of dried cherries, chopped (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix buttermilk and egg together in a shallow dish.
- Combine flour, pecans, sesame seeds, paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne in a medium bowl.
- Dip chicken in buttermilk mixture and then into flour mixture.
- Place chicken in ungreased casserole dish.
- Ladle melted butter evenly over each piece.
- Bake at 350 degrees until chicken is deep, golden brown, approximately 1 hour.
- When plating, top each breast with a sprinkle of chopped dried cherries (optional)
People Who Like This Dish 7
- jett2whit Union City, GA
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- rosemaryblue CollegeTown
- cookinggood Leesburg, FL
- kristalshank Toronto, CA
- mkthreads Atlanta, GA
- blkmajkwmn Painesville, OH
- capedread Peterborough. Cambridgeshire, GB
- morninlite Kalamazoo, US
- lycett CANYON COUNTRY, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooktnjazmyn Manchester, TN
The Rating5 people
I used to have a similar recipe and we loved it. I think it got lost in the last move.
Thanks.cookinggood in Leesburg loved it
Love this recipe!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
this is yummy i have had it before ..its greatminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!