Sour Cream and SproutsFrom noir 6 years ago
- * 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, halved shopping list
- * 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- * 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard shopping list
- * 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- * 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream shopping list
- * Minced fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Add 1 in. of water and brussels sprouts to a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour, brown sugar, salt and mustard until blended.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat. Stir in sour cream; heat through.
- Drain the sprouts; place in a serving bowl. Top with sauce. Sprinkle with parsley.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating11 people
oolala...sounds creamilicious ,Thanks 'foodie friend' LOL And I have some which makes it even better. Joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Oh wow, I can't wait til the next time I see some great fresh brussels sprouts! This sounds soooo good!waterlily in Joplin loved it
Good one Noir fresh Brussels sprouts are so good with mustardtrigger in loved it