Browned Butter Pecan PieFrom zena824 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pastry shell shopping list
- whipped cream or ice cream shopping list
How to make it
- Cook butter in a small saucepan over medium low heat 6 to 8 minutes or until browned. (DO NOT STIR)
- Remove from heat; and set aside.
- Combine corn syrup and next 5 ingredients; stir well with a wire whisk.
- Stir in browned butter and pecans.
- Pour mixture into pastry shell.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees, and bake 40 to 45 additional minutes or until center of pie is almost set.
- (Cover pie with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning after 25 minutes, if necessary.)
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Pie will become firm as it cools.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.