Aunt Katies Stuffed CabbageFrom crabhappychick 6 years ago
- 1 head cabbage shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef, extra lean shopping list
- 1/2 cup instant rice, uncooked shopping list
- 1/2 package ranch-style dressing mix shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely minced shopping list
- 1/2 can tomato soup (to make these gf, use gf tomato soup) shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- garlic salt shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- oregano shopping list
- large can sauerkraut, drained shopping list
- tomato juice shopping list
How to make it
- Remove core from raw cabbage, place bottom down into pot large enough to accomodate the cabbage. Put about 2" water into pot with cabbage. Cover and cook until cabbage is cooked almost to the core. Remove from pot and cool until you can handle. Separate each leaf from the head and set aside.
- Make filling by mixing well the beef, rice, ranch dressing, onion, egg and seasonings.
- In a 9 x 13 pan or larger, spread out the sauerkraut. Then, starting at stemend of each leaf, put a nice mound of filling on the end, fold in sides, and roll to top of leaf making a nice tight package. Place each roll on top of the sauerkraut, snuggling them tightly against one another until the pan is filled and all the filling has been used. Mix remaining tomato soup with tomato juice to a nice pourable consistency and pour over all the cabbage rolls. Cover pan tightly with foil. Bake at 375 for at least an hour or until filling is cooked through and sauerkraut is tender.