Heavenly Onion French Bread CasseroleFrom blondeberry 6 years ago
- 2 Tbsp. butter or oleo shopping list
- 3 medium sweet Spanish onions, sliced shopping list
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms sliced shopping list
- 1 cup SHREDDED swiss cheese shopping list
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted shopping list
- 1 can evaporated milk (5oz) shopping list
- 2 tsp. soy sauce shopping list
- 8 slices French bread (about 3 in. thick) shopping list
- 8 slices swiss cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Saute onions and mushrooms until tender. Place these in a 9 x 13" baking dish.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Lay bread on top.
- Combine soup, milk, and soy sauce. Pour over bread.
- Top with cheese slices. Cover and refrigerate over night or at least 4 hrs.
- Bake loosely covered at 355 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15 - 20 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
The Cookblondeberry Charleston, SC
The Rating13 people
This sounds really good. I love onions.morninlite in Kalamazoo loved it
OMG. This sounds fantastic. I love onions and this sounds fantastic.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Deb, this sounds so good. As you know I am wheat intolerant but have an excellent recipe for french bread wich I still need to post. Thanks!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!