Shrimp Piri PiriFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 6 red bird's eye chilies, seeds and ribs removed ~original recipe called for 8 peppers shopping list
- Have successfully subbed fresh jalapeno peppers (only 4) shopping list
- 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tbsp of fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 tbsp of fresh cilantro shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves~original used 2 shopping list
- 1/2 cup of olive oil shopping list
- 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (u 15's are best) shopping list
- coarse sea salt shopping list
- 2 limes, quartered shopping list
- 12 soft large lettuce leaves such as bibb or boston shopping list
How to make it
- Make sauce first.
- In a blender, cmbine chilis, lemon juice, cilantro, parsley and garlic.
- Puree until smooth, adding oil and blend til well combined.
- Toss the shrimp with half the sauce and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat an additional 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Flash fry the shrimp over medium heat and cook two minutes per side.
- Transfer to plate and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Squeeze lime quarters over the shrimp.
- Spread remaining piri piri sauce over each lettuce leaf, place a shrimp in the leaf and roll up.
- Serve immediately.
- Have used the sauce and done this with a small strip steak sliced in strips and had a seared rare spicy garlic beef wrap in the soft lettuce. It is equally as good. Quite fine for a low carber, too.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating5 people
Yummy. Spicy and shrimp in the same dish. Yeah baby, you got my 5. Great post.chefmeow in Garland loved it
this sounds good-saved.turtle66 in Sacramento loved it
This sounds like heaven to me... ;-)~ Everything works well together. I like the extra garlic. I can think of lots of possibilties for lettuce wraps with this sauce. Scallops, Squid, oysters, Chicken... ect. Great post. Saving this one. Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it