Grouper in Potato CrustFrom grizzlybear 8 years ago
- 4 potatoes shopping list
- 12 filets grouper filets 4 1/2 lbs. (or fish of your choice) shopping list
- 6 T flour to dust shopping list
- 2 large egg wash shopping list
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 c white wine shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 t Fresh chopped garlic shopping list
- juice of one fresh lemon shopping list
- 4 T butter shopping list
How to make it
- Tip: Substitute sea bass, black sea bass, red snapper, halibut just so long as it is a soild meat fish. Omit butter or use margarine or olive oil for a lighter version.
- Peel and shred Potatoes, rinse three times in cold water, squeeze dry in cloth towels.
- Air dry in oven 150°-200°F. Be sure to rotate pan and mix potatoes while drying. (Do not brown)
- Pulse in food-processor two times to break up pieces.
- Coat grouper (or fish of your choice) with flour, egg wash and dried potatoes.
- Sauté in olive oil until lightly browned on one side, turn over, then place in 450°F oven until desired doneness.
- Remove the excess oil, add white wine. Reduce by half. Add salt, pepper, garlic and lemon juice. Whisk in butter and drizzle over fish.
- Makes 12 servings
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating5 people
Sounds great to me! Fancy and easy. Thanksnlo209 in Toronto loved it
The instructions might be missin' a few steps, or at least words, but I think I can manage...hope so, am makin' this, tonight. ;)
EDIT to add review: Made this last night, and it was delicious! I made a bit more of a "gravy" rather than a sauce...morekeni in Sweet Home loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!