Tortilla Coated Chicken SnacksFrom keni 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups tortilla chips, crushed(you can use any variety you like ie lime touched, spicy, ranch, cheese, or even plain--I use the lime) shopping list
- 1 package taco seasoning or the equivalent homemade version shopping list
- 1t cayenne pepper(or lemon pepper to reduce the heat) shopping list
- About 20 single serve pieces of chicken(wing segments, drummies, etc) shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- *Ranch salsa Dip* shopping list
- 8oz sour cream shopping list
- 8oz jarred salsa of your choice(I use lime/garlic) shopping list
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing mix shopping list
- 2t fresh chopped cilantro(if desired) shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse and slightly pat chicken pieces to leave them just damp.
- Beat eggs and drop into large zipper bag.
- Combine tortilla chips, taco seasoning, and pepper in large zipper bag.
- Add a few chicken pieces at a time first to the egg bag, then the seasoning bag and shake until thoroughly coated. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Arrange in 9X13 baking dish sprayed with non stick spray.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until chicken is done and coating is crispy.
- Meanwhile, combine salsa, sour cream and dressing mix and refrigerate until serving. Add cilantro to dip at serving.
People Who Like This Dish 12
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- refugeesrecipelisting Global, CA
- lincolntoot Freehold, NJ
- bluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
- lilredrytnghood Mercer Island, WA
- sandysunshine Blaine, MN
- slj6lori Succasunna, NJ
- 5galsandadad Richmond, VA
- swanmitch Andover, MN
- whodunitrdr Bellingham, WA
- Plus 2 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating6 people
I love the sound of this! I might make these using chicken tenders. Good stuff!!justjakesmom in Everett loved it
Fantastic post!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Another great post - 5 forks again!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it