Matar Pulao OR Peas with RiceFrom ambus 6 years ago
- 250 gm peas shopping list
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste shopping list
- 1 medium onion,finely sliced shopping list
- 2 large cardamoms pods shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp whole cumin seeds shopping list
- 6-8 cloves shopping list
- 10-12 whole black peppers shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick shopping list
- 2-3 green chillies,finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp red chillies powder shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes,chopped shopping list
- 1/2 kg basmati rice shopping list
- 1/4 cup oil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg & mace powder shopping list
How to make it
- Wash and soak rice for atleast 1/2 an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan.Add onion and fry till golden brown.
- Add cardamom,cumin seeds,cloves,cinnamon stick and black pepper.
- Stir fry for 30 seconds,then add ginger garlic paste.
- Add chopped tomatoes.Roughly mash with the back of the spoon.Add red chillies powder and stir well.
- When well mixed,add peas and water.Cook on medium heat until peas are almost cooked.
- Drian the water from rice and add rice to peas mixture.Stir and add water and salt.
- Mix and cook on high heat until it comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium.Cover and cook until the water is almost absorbed.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder and nutmeg & mace powder.
- Now cook on low heat,covered, for 5-10 minutes(until water is dried and rice is completely cooked).
- Serve hot with salad and raita.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookambus Lahore, PK
The Rating8 people
WOW I love peas and am addicted to cardamon...great post my friend.^5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
I have tried this before . Great one . Thx !!cholena in Food World loved it
simpl &eazy peas treat...loved it.thxangieaugusta in Adelaide loved it
Anything Goes286 members
From Middle Eastern Lands254 members
A Friend From Pakistan80 members
Asian Foods235 members
Checkin Central283 members
I Like Rice21 members
Rice This Way Folks124 members
Pakistani Recipes Collection32 members
Cheap N Easy53 members
Vegetarian Spicy Delights40 members