Orange Slices CandyFrom tippystclair 5 years ago
How to make it
- Spray 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Mix pectin, water and baking soda in medium saucepan (mixture will be foamy).
- Combine 1 cup of the sugar and the corn syrup in large saucepan.
- Cook both mixtures on high heat 4 minutes, or until foam has thinned from pectin mixture and sugar mixture comes to a full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred), stirring mixtures in both saucepans frequently.
- Gradually add pectin mixture to boiling sugar mixture, stirring constantly.
- Boil 1 min., stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in extract and food coloring.
- Pour immediately into prepared pan.
- Let stand at room temperature 3 hours or overnight until candy is cool and firm.
- SPRINKLE remaining 1/4 cup sugar onto large sheet of wax paper. Invert candy onto wax paper.
- Cut candy into 3/4-inch squares, stopping occasionally to dip knife in warm water.
- Roll candy in sugar until evenly coated.
- Place in single layer on wire racks.
- Let stand, uncovered, at room temperature overnight.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating13 people
Oh no.....these things are absolutely addicting. Never had them homemade, this will be a treat. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
WOW!!! This sounds so easy. One for the kids and I to try. Thanks for posting...chefwithtaste in Lees Summit loved it
I love this! This is my 7 year olds favorite candy,AND color too! I was buying these and putting them in his lunch as a special treat last year.Now I can make them for him anytime. Thank-you! Here is a 5 for you!jeffsgirl in Medford loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!