Japanese Tonkatsu Fried Pork CutletFrom verondear 8 years ago
How to make it
- Trim the fatty part of porks, if there is any (for a healthier option).
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the porks.
- Roll porks lightly on flour until coated.
- Dip the pork sin beaten egg.
- Roll porks sonto the bread crumbs.
- Fry the porks in heated oiluntil it turns brown (make sure oil is hot)
- Turn over the porks and fry them a few more minutes.
- Take out the porks and put them on a paper towel to drain the oil.
- Slice porks into smaller pieces.
- Serve porks with warm rice and tonkatsu sauce for dipping (see my recipe for homemade tonkatsu sauce)
The Cookverondear Akron, OH
The Rating4 people
When I was in Japan (13 years ago)this was my favorite food there. Since then, I make it at home all the time, so I've been making it for 13 years! It's my #1 favorite meal. I use kikoman tonkatsu sauce and serve it with calrose rice and make the ...moreecc in northern loved it
Great post, I love any kind of pork and this is awesome....davewolfpackjack in Raleigh loved it
I will definitely be trying this, I would like to know also what are Japanese bread crumbs? Do you think we can get them in the UK?vivian in Stoke-on-Trent loved it