Apple Bundt CakeFrom chacha 7 years ago
- 2 cups apples - peeled, cored and diced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon white sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup orange juice shopping list
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar for dusting or make a thin icing to drizzle on top shopping list
- 1 - 10 inch Bundt or tube cake shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt or tube pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the diced apples, 1 tablespoon white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; set aside.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together and place to one side.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, oil, orange juice, vanilla and eggs.
- Beat at high speed until smooth.
- Stir in flour mixture and fold in chopped walnuts.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into a prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of the apple mixture.
- Alternate layers of batter and filling, ending with batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 50 - 55 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly touched.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar or an icing of confectioners' sugar mixed with a little orange juice and melted butter. I like to make the icing thin and watery.
People Who Like This Dish 6
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- lilliancooks Long Island, NY
- pleclare Framingham, MA
- bluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
- lor Toronto, Canada
- blackstaril Brooklyn, NY
- shecooks4u Chandler, AZ
- jolielives The Catskill Plateau , NY
- carmenperez Hormigueros, PR
- jeffsgirl Medford, OR
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchacha New York, NY
The Rating6 people
Mmmm, great cake recipe! I absolutely love bundt cakes and an apple bundt cake sounds fabulous. Great 5 fork winner!lor in Toronto loved it
Sounds wonderful! I love using fresh apples.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
This sounds so good! I think I'll make it this weekend!
By the way...I clicked on your avatar, its so cute!lilliancooks in Long Island loved it