Meyer Lemon BreadFrom pink 5 years ago
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2 cup sugar shopping list
- 4 ea eggs shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 ea Meyer lemon rind, grated shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- ------------------------lemon GLAZE------------------------ shopping list
- 1 x juice of 3 Meyer lemons shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream butter and 2 cups of sugar. Add eggs, one at a time,
- beating after each addition. Sift together salt, soda and flour.
- Add to sugar mixture alternating with buttermilk.
- Stir in lemon rind and pecans. Pour into 2 greased and floured
- loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour.
- Lemon Glaze:
- While bread bakes, mix lemon juice and sugar. Stir until sugar
- is dissolved, making a glaze.
- After bread has baked, turn onto waxed paper and spoon glaze
- over top while bread is still HOT.
- EAT *wink*
The Cookpink USA
The Rating8 people
YUM, you have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
Oh Pink! Makes my mouth water. I'm loving all things lemon. Thanks for the post!grandmommy in Nashville loved it
I love this! You got my 5!jeffsgirl in Medford loved it