Quick Casserole Garlic BreadFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 2-qt casserole dish and set aside.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a small pan.
- Add garlic and cook gently 3 minutes, do not let it brown. Set aside.
- Blend all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cut in 3 tbsp butter to resemble crumbs.
- Beat together egg, milk and the garlic butter, add to the dry mix and blend well.
- Knead on a floured board 10-20 minutes, until not sticky.
- Shape bread into a round and place in the casserole.
- Slash the top of the round 1-2 times.
- Melt the final tablespoon of butter and brush the loaf generously.
- Bake 1 hour, then cool in the pan 10 minutes before turning out onto a rack.
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating4 people
Family is always begging for garlic bread! this looks quick and easy, my kind of recipe. Thanks
Bettyrecipesrule in Winnipeg loved it
This sounds fabulous. Love garlic bread. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Nice loaf. Could use more garlic.
See Quick Casserole Garlic Bread for more.
3/13/15pointsevenout in Athens loved it
On A Budget559 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Good To Freeze127 members
Comfort Foods771 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
1500 Calories A Day173 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Everyday Chefs68 members
Cooking With Kids38 members