Crab TacosFrom lincolntoot 5 years ago
- 4 roma tomatoes, halved, seeded, and sliced shopping list
- 1 large garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 2 large jalapeño chiles, halved, seeded, and sliced, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, divided shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 8 ounces shelled cooked crab shopping list
- 8 taco shells or tortillas (see Notes) shopping list
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 cup shredded jack or cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Put tomatoes, garlic, half of the jalapeño, 1/4 cup cilantro, and the lime juice in a food processor and pulse a few times to chop.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Set salsa aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Sauté onion and remaining jalapeño until soft, 4 minutes.
- Add crab and cook just until crab is warm, about 2 minutes.
- Put taco shells or tortillas on a baking pan and warm in oven, about 3 minutes.
- Arrange on a platter and fill with crab mixture, dividing evenly.
- Top crab with lettuce, cheese, and avocado.
- Sprinkle tacos with green onion and remaining 1/4 cup cilantro. Serve immediately, with salsa on the side or on top.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooklincolntoot Freehold, NJ
The Rating8 people
what a great crabby taco thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
HIGH 5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I love crab. I have never had it in enchiladas before. This sounds divine!michellem in Idaho loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!