Lanas Country Cream Gravy For Fried Chicken MoreFrom lanacountry 7 years ago
- Cream gravy shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 4 tablespoons flour shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- Crispy pieces left in pan after cooking fried chicken, shopping list
- pork chop, or steak. (add last) shopping list
How to make it
- (Please note, I have posted my fried chicken recipe! :)
- To make cream gravy:
- (Save all crispy pieces after you cook chicken, fried steak, or pork chops!)
- Pour off all but about 2 tablespoons of the fat from the skillet.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter and 4 tablespoons flour; blend and cook until golden brown, scraping browned bits from bottom of skillet.
- (I use these last)
- Gradually stir in 1 cup milk and 1 cup hot water. Stir until smooth and thickened; add salt and black pepper.
- serve with hot biscuits, potatoes, or rice.
The Cooklanacountry Macon, GA
The Rating14 people
It's just like Granny's back, I remember alot of fried chicken and this at her house next door growing up. I swear I can smell her kitchen right now! Thanks!!dooley in Krum loved it
Sounds great, thanks for sharing, another 5 forks for ya.henrie in Savannah loved it
Nothing beats a good cream gravy. Great post.taylorsue82 in Wapakoneta loved it